Sunday 5 November 2017

On Track and Side Tracked



I stayed on track fairly well this week, only sidetracking a couple of times! I was determined to finish the remaining samples for my upcoming class in Coburg so put in a couple of long quilting days to finish a wool folk-art piece and the pleather rendition of a St Moritz drain cover in fake leather. 







I even got a customer quilt done which was tricky with absolutely no wriggle room on the backing.



The sidetracks were an experiment to see if I could make little pouches using foam interfacing - I decided that they were too bulky, a fabric strip covered bowl - not sure I liked all the fraying/wrapping, and some more giant double-wedding-ring blocks using clashing Nigerian fabrics. 










It is alarming that the clocks have gone back and we are now into November - I simply don’t know where all my time goes;)

No comments:

Post a Comment