Sunday 18 October 2015

It's a good job that real life isn't measured in photos!


It's a good job that Real Life isn't measured in photos otherwise it would look like I had not been participating much. I always “do” less in the school holidays by getting up later, catering, taxiing about, and feeling guilty for spending time in my workshop.

I wasted hours on the phone and on a thrilling online live-chat (not) with O2 after Fergus broke his phone, losing the will to live while trying to decide whether to fix it, replace it or cancel the contract.

At least I managed to complete a small, simple customer quilt that will be raffled for a local golf club. Its maker was thoroughly sick of it - she said she simply had not enjoyed making it for some reason. She did not know whether she had gone off the colour scheme or whether it was because it was not intended for a particular recipient. I think it looks rather good now that it has been quilted so I hope she is relieved and manages to sell plenty of tickets.



Freya and I had a great day out visiting St Andrews University. We both loved the town, the seaside, the buildings which would not look out of place on a Harry Potter set, and the lectures about the courses. In between guided tours we visited lovely cafes and eclectic shops. She has chosen one of the most popular courses at one of the Scottish Unis that is hardest to get into. The downside of no tuition fees for Scottish students is that no-one seems to mention that there are often far fewer places available than those for fee-paying students from England and Overseas. In addition to having amazing exam results she will need a blindingly good personal statement on her application form and possibly a lot of luck. 




I did eventually sneak off to do some piecing and it looked like I may have been making some mini Ninja inspired shapes. I almost wore my fingertips out pressing the seams but it saved me making 576 trips to the ironing board! I am looking forward to getting some quilting done after footering around with all those “wee bits”.





No comments:

Post a Comment